Sunday, April 03, 2005

One Last Time

I just want to remember one last time, before it's over forever, that the Red Sox won the World Series this season, which in two hours turns into last season.

It's almost as if I do not even want this season to start, because as soon as it does last season no longer means anything. As soon as Randy Johnson throws the first pitch of the 2005 season we can't just look at Yankee fans and laugh at their pathetic little team, we have to hate them and fear them all over again.

162+ games from now, maybe I'll be writing REPEAT in the blog title line, or maybe I'll be writing BITTER REDEMPTION, but no matter what I'm writing there will never again be anything like the greatest comeback in sports history, the destruction of the curse, and the humanization of the evil empire.

It's sad to put this season in the rear view mirror, but if we got to gloat forever about past victories we wouldn't be real fans, we'd be Yankee fans.

No comments: