Sunday, February 27, 2005

One might say...

How can I post something in response to an article about a movie I haven't seen?

The answer is simple, the response was written by Skip Bayless.

Is there anyone in sports journalism that enrages me more than Skippy? Yes, Woody Paige is more annoying, but he will occasionally agree with the consensus, especially if the consensus is right. You tell that stupid bastard Bayless that up is up and he will immediately write an article about how up is prophetically destined to be down and if you disagree you will get that obnoxious grin that Skippy gives to everyone on Cold Pizza and at every other moment in his pathetically skewed life where he finds himself confronted by mere mortals.

He makes all of us who enjoy writing about sports look bad, arrogant, and misrepresented. He makes us all look like fiesty CNN Crossfire commentators that so grossly misrepresent the US in one direction or the other, and that is the problem, he can't pick a direction.

See for example, any article about the Patriots ever written by Skippy, it either hails them as the greatest team ever, or berates them as a group of over-ranked imbeciles...depending on and ultimately varying from the popular consensus at the time regardless of its accuracy.

I wasn't there the day someone coroneted Skippy the God of dissention but had I been there I would have been the first man in the, "If anyone here believes this union should not take place..." line and would have loudly voiced my opposition to the idea that anyone should ever read any of Skippy's brain farts.

I can't even write any more on this topic, there are so many blasts about this clown on the internet already that I have nothing original to say on the topic.
http://cbs.sportsline.com/messages/message/8171008/1107825472-tmacfan101
http://www.sportsfilter.com/comments.cfm/3840
And, this is embarssing, I can't find the link to the best Skippy bashing site, which followed his Page 2 article about Brady/Belichick/Montana/Parcells, but on some site a guy, or several guys ripped him a new one so deep that I think he's still waddling. If you ever find it you'll know it, it's a step by step annihilation of every phrase he foolishly utters. I envy everything about it.

He is a moron of the "Woody Paige" degree, which means he is someone whose mere voice can make me semi-suicidal. Some people deserve nothing more than a Pete Rose style banishment from sports coverage, as of now that category includes only Bayless and Paige, but agree with Skippy's article on "Million Dollar Baby" and you'll be in not so glamorous company.

I just can't stand that guy...class be damned...he sucks!

No comments: