Friday, February 25, 2005

The Mad Mad World of Danny Ainge


"I got traded back to where!?" Posted by Hello

(Inner-monologue, the brain of Danny Ainge, fall 2003...)

"So...ready for this...okay so here's what we're gonna do...okay so...ready? We're gonna trade a beloved team leader and 20 point scorer for the white kid from Kansas and that European guy!"

"Yes precious....yes we will..."

"Then! Oh this is great you gotta hear this! Then we're going to drag Gary Payton here from Los Angeles, you know because I LOVE over the hill former stars with huge egos and inflated price tags! LOVE 'em! Hell I am one! HA!"

"Yes precious...yes we will..."

"Then we're going to trade the European guy AND Gary Payton in the same week to get...oh you're gonna love this...seriously it's a killer...oh I can't even say it it's so genius...okay, we're gonna trade 'em to get....ANTOINE WALKER!"

"Yes precious...yes we will...wait huh?"

"So you get it, we're gonna make lots of deals, spend lots of money, piss off lots of people and then we're gonna end up with the exact same team we started with! HA! That'll drive the Chief crazy at the reunion, oh it'll bring the house down! I crack myself up, can you believe they gave a crazy-bag like me this job? I wasn't even that good of a player, what a sham! Where's my crack? Can you believe they let me trade McCarty for NOTHING? I told them what would happen if they tore down the old Garden....we told them didn't we precious?"

"Yes precious...yes we did..."

"All is going according to plan....Hahahahahahahahaha...."

No comments: