Friday, November 18, 2005

I Got Nothin'

What can I say? It's a boring sports week. Thus, I got nothin', well almost nothin'.

There are 2 football games this weekend that could potentially drive me into an early grave. BC at Maryland and Saints at Patriots. If either of those teams lose there will be an epic sized freak out on here probably laden with curses and mutterings. Keep the kids away. I just have a feeling that one of these teams is going down, probably BC given the fact that the outcome of this game will drastically affect their bowl bid and that they ALWAYS lose this kind of game.

************************************************************************************

Fighting...impulse...to...blast...T.O.

Oh what the hell?

Reports out of Phili are that T.O. is looking to settle with the Eagles before or during today's arbitration hearing, i.e. "I don't care if I play, I just want my money."

Mr. Owens we seem to have backtracked. He's not the only professional athlete to fall into the "only money matters" catergory, but he is certainly the most blatent. If they pay him to go away I don't ever want to hear him say anything about wanting to help a team win or anything even remotely game related. I want him to say, "I play for money, pay me."

The only ending that makes any sense here is the one the Eagles decided upon 2 weeks ago. The arbitrator cannot tell them to play him, and I cannot see any possible way that he can decide that Owens' myriad of misbehaviors do not qualify as, "conduct detrimental to the team." His suspension should be upheld and then he should be benched. T.O. is an employee of the Eagles and regardless of any paperwork mistakes they may have made the punishment certainly fits the crime(s) and no outside authority should decide otherwise.

Sticking with the Eagles. They're done. With this distraction I can't imagine that their preparation for the Giants will be 100%, not to mention they're now without both McNabb and T.O. In my opinion if they lose this weekend they should shut McNabb down for the year. At 4-6 they might not make the playoffs even if they win out (which they won't) and end up 10-6 since they will be on the short end of all the tie-breakers within their division.

On the positive, their failures make the Patriots' struggles look like a tiny speed bump.

***********************************************************************************

To celebrate the anniversary of the Detroit / Indianapolis brawl I'm going to hire a 6'8" black dude to let me throw a beer on him and then beat the shit out of me in front of 20,000 people.

Wait, I do that anyway. Sweet.

Can you believe they are talking about a fresh start for Artest after that? The guy would be in jail if he did that on the street. He's still a %#!$ing lunatic! Let's not forget that.

***********************************************************************************

It's getting to that point in the fantasy football season where almost every decision you make is an annoyance. Early in the season you have hot players, bye weeks, and difinitive injuries. Now matchups get trickier, half your team is questionable for Sunday and game time decisions have guys like me getting out of bed before noon on a Sunday, a monumental achievement.

Just this week alone I have half a dozen questions that the Yahoo! notes can't answer. For example, will Thomas Jones play, and even if he does do I want to start him against Carolina? On the other hand, my next option is Reuben Droughns with 702 yards rushing, 251 yards receiving and a whopping 1 touchdown.

Can I play 2 Green Bay receivers just because they're playing a Minnesota team that might suck...but who also might not be as bad as advertised? I don't know.

What's up with the Rams wide receiver situation? Is Bruce ever going to get healthy? Do I want him to since I also have Kevin Curtis who has been solid for me? Can I play them both this week since they're up against the horrific Arizona Cardinals who actually made me consider picking up Roy Williams this week (until I remembered who throws him the ball.)

Heath Miller at Baltimore or Randy McMichael at Cleveland? Joey Galloway at Atlanta when I'm starting the Atlanta defense?

Donte Stallworth against the Pats because their secondary would make Quinton Porter look like a Heisman candidate? (Do I really want to put myself in the position of rooting against my team...again?)

And I still smack myself on the forehead every time I remember who I took with my first overall pick...I say again, "#$%!ing Culpepper!"

Tough times in fantasy football land, and in sports writing land with so little to talk about I felt that this was an interesting subject. Maybe not a good choice.

I'm going to put up some funny pictures to make up for this lame post.

"Talons of Fury, Get Ready!"

No comments: