Monday, October 24, 2005

Road Tripping

Gallavanting all over the Mid-Atlantic / Southeast does little for my sports information upkeep.

(Horrifying revelations coming ahead, prepare to lose all respect for me.)

Until last night I still was not aware that the Astros had beaten the Cardinals.

Until the middle of the game last night, when I happened past a television in a bar I was unaware that the World Series had started.

Until tonight at 10:00 PM I had forgotten that game 2 was being played.

Due to excessive driving I did not watch one second of football today.

I hereby turn in my testicles and my right to comment on sports until at least tomorrow.

On the upside, it's been an absolutely amazing weekend and with everything going on I've barely missed being glued to a box for 8 hours.

Anyway, just thought I'd relate my ridiculous failure as a male and throw myself at your mercy, begging for forgiveness.

Go Astros. I want my Red Sox to be the only curse breaking Cinderella story of this decade, wait until 2014 Pale Ho's, and try to have some absolutely soul crushing defeats (and sell out every regular season game regardless) before you consider yourself truly anguished.

Speaking of, someone please test Scott Podsednik for steroids immediately. With his walkoff tonight he became (I think) the only player in MLB history to have 0 home runs in the regular season and 2 in the post season. Obviously I don't think he's really juiced but give credit to his adrenaline for getting it done. Bobby Jenks you should buy him dinner tonight, or maybe just give him one of yours you fat bastard.

Brad Lidge is sitting in the corner of the Astros clubhouse staring at Podsednik's regular season numbers, blurring them only with the tears of shame dripping off of his chin. That's like losing an arm wrestling match to your grandmother with your girlfriend watching.

Now as this randomness continues, an appeal to Mother Nature.

ENOUGH!

We get it, be nicer to the O-Zone, stop tearing down the rainforests, stop paving everything in the NY metropolitan area, stop genetically producing little dogs the size of purses (no offense Ruby, you're cute).

This latest little Caribbean treat, Wilma, is supposed to make 3 landfalls in the US alone. That's right 3. After a devastating horizontal trip across Florida this lovely lady will turn north, likely making land for the second time as a category one hurrican somewhere in the Washington DC area. Then, after a being joined by a fast moving tropical storm somewhere off the coast it could potentially bring SNOW to New England.

If it snows before Thanksgiving that just might do it for me. Bye bye east coast forever.

Real info tomorrow...maybe.

No comments: